If you feel your mind is loosing its sharp edge during this lockdown, maybe its time to try a pub quiz with your friends! Zoom, Whatsapp and Skype provide great platforms to catch-up with family and friends and test your knowledge! As Lemon and Lime is based in the lovely village of Melbourne, Derbyshire, we thought we would add in a few bonus questions. Let us know how you do on social media!
- Which lake holds by far the largest volume of water in the UK?
- How many squares are there on a Chessboard?
- In which country is the wine making region of Marlborough?
- What is a fava bean more commonly known as in English?
- ‘The Pond’ is an informal term for which ocean?
- In which country was tea first discovered? A) Indonesia B) India C) Sri Lanka D) China
- How many countries does Germany share a border with
- Henry VIII had six wives, but what was the name of his fourth wife? A) Jane Seymour B) B) Anne of Cleves C) Catherine of Aragon, D) Anne Bolyen
- Which novel did F. Scott Fitzgerald write?
- In the 2019 Oscars, Rami Malek won Best Actor for his portrayal of which performer?
- What was the last football team David Beckham played for before he retired?
- Hairy Camera is an anagram for which famous singer?
- What are the titles of the three latest released James Bond films?
- Which country hosted the 2008 Olympics
- In Craig David’s popular song ‘7 Days’, what did he do on Tuesday?
- Which film is the following quote from: “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
- Which Swedish DJ had 2004 UK chart success with his track ‘Call on Me’?
- Who is the only Wild Card to win the Wimbledons mens singles championship.
- In 1966 in an interview with a London Newspaper, who said that his band was “more popular than Jesus now”?
Melbourne, Derbyshire (Bonus Round!)
- Which founder of a world wide travel agency was born in Melbourne, Derbyshire, in 1808?
- There are 6 pubs in Melbourne, can you name all of them?
- What was the name of the family who owned Calke Abbey for nearly 300 years, before it was passed to the Trust in 1985 in lieu of death duties?
- Loch Ness
- New Zealand
- Broad Bean
- D) China
- B) Anne of Cleves
- The Great Gatsby
- Freddie Mercury
- Paris Saint Germain
- Mariah Carey
- Spectre, Skyfall, Quantum of Solace
- Took her for a drink
- Dirty Dancing
- Eric Prydz
- Goran Ivanisevic
- John Lennon
- Thomas Cook
- The White Swan, Blue Bell Inn, The Melbourne Inn, The Chip & Pin, Harpur’s, Alma Inn
- Harpur (accept Harpur Crewe)