With the Coronavirus present, as a small business we want to make sure our employees and network are looking after themselves during this time. It can be strange suddenly leaving your usual working pattern and not being able to do some of the things you have done before. But this got us thinking at how many things there are to do and achieve during this time, so stay positive and get motivated!
- Read – browse your bookshelf for novels or magazines to get stuck into. You can purchase secondhand books for a fraction of the price online if you are after something new.
2. Jigsaw – start piecing the bits together on the jigsaw you never thought you would get around to. The wonderful thing about a jigsaw is that you can leave it and come back to it later.
3. DIY – work on repairs and complete the decorating if you are hoping to sell in the next few months, now is the time to get your house ready for market. Get everyone involved.
4. Learn to play a musical instrument – With a little bit of extra time on your hands take up a new hobby. Teach yourself how to play a new instrument using Youtube videos.
5. Meditate – Spend some time in silence focussing on your mind and thoughts. Move away from social media and the distraction of your day. Focus your breathing and improve your focus.
6. Catch up on home admin – Nobody enjoys this chore but it’s the kind of thing that is perfect to get stuck into when you are inside. Use files to sort paperwork and enter significant dates into your diary so you are organised in future.
7. Home exercise – Burn some calories in your own front room! Numerous gyms and businesses are offering free virtual home exercise classes to keep you fit. Choose from yoga to a high intensity workout.
8. Walk – Get out and about in the fresh air. Take time out of your day to take a wander and escape the four walls!
9. Online course – There are numerous online courses available to further your knowledge in something you are interested in.
10. Learn something new – Test your brain with a new skill. It could be anything from learning to knit, learning to ride a bike, learning a new language, learning to paint, learning photography the list is endless!